An alien at dinner? An eerie train whistle? A parent trying to be hip? Get your creative writers going with a list of story starters.
10 Views 17 Downloads
- During journaling or freewriting time, provide these starters for learners interested in practicing their creative writing skills
- Instead of printing and handing these out, write or post them up on the board and invite pupils to choose their favorites
- Pair this with instruction on how to construct a narrative
- While the resource says to give one to each student, you'll have to print more than one copy of some of them unless you only have 17 students
- The starters include a good variety of different characters and settings
- Kids will enjoy using their creativity to expand upon these ideas