This Strategic Searching lesson plan also includes:
Are your pupils effective online searchers? Improve their skills with the ideas presented here. After completing a KWL chart about strategic searching, class members pick up a five-step strategy for searching online. For practice, pupils pretend to be employees searching while on the job.
- Ask learners to reflect on the activity by filling in the final column of the KWL chart
- Have a sample search topic related to your upcoming curriculum ready to go so your class members can immediately apply what they have learned
- The five-step process detailed in the plan is effective and is represented by an easy-to-remember mnemonic device
- Includes all necessary materials
- The search task is not academic in nature; however, this could easily be modified if desired