This Study Jams! Relate Addition & Subtraction lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Understanding the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction is essential for developing fluency in young mathematicians. Zoe and RJ explain how three numbers can form fact families that make two addition and two subtraction equations. The provided assessment requires the identification of these families and the number sentences they create. A great addition to any lesson on these two fundamental operations.
- Assessment thoroughly addresses the relationship between addition and subtraction
- Uses the context of a video game to engage students in learning about math
- Content is adaptable to Common Core math standards
- Context for demonstrating the relationship between addition and subtraction could be stronger