This Successive Discounts lesson plan also includes:
Compose discounts to find the final discount. Pupils investigate compositions by first looking at numerical representations of multiple discounts taken on a product. Learners develop functions for each discount and compose them to develop a single function with the discounts. Using a graphing calculators, bargain hunters graph their functions and relate the graphs to the initial problem.
- Relate composition to generating equivalent functions containing multiple steps
- Individuals should know what a composition is and how to express it symbolically
- Class members should be comfortable working with a graphing calculator
- Provides assessment suggestions
- Contains answers to the worksheet questions