This Surface Area of Pyramids and Cones lesson plan also includes:
Discover formulas for surface area by analyzing nets. Using graph paper and nets, young scholars work toward deriving the formulas. They first derive the formula for a pyramid and then connect their processes to finding a formula for cones.
15 Views 29 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Incorporate as an opening lesson on a surface area unit
- Practice using the surface area formulas with whiteboards as a quick understanding check
- Pupils should have a strong understanding of finding area of triangles and rectangles
- Includes an opening video to create motivation for the lesson
- Highlights important mathematics vocabulary