This Taking Its Toll lesson plan also includes:
Find the cost of what is coming down the pike. Groups gather toll data to relate the cost of driving on a turnpike based on the distance traveled. Pupils create a scatter plot of the data and determine the appropriate cost for a new toll plaza.
- Investigate tolls that vary depending upon traffic and see if they follow the same pattern as a set toll
- Individuals should know how to calculate slope between two points
- Assumes the class is familiar with drawing a line of best fit
- Includes an Excel file to help organize the information
- Contains toll information if local tolls are not available