After reading and discussing an article reflecting on the Stock Market Crash of 1929 nearly a century later, learners are then divided into groups to analyze five articles from the week of October 28, 1929-November 1, 1929. They conclude by writing a journal entry about the event from the perspective of either an investor, stock broker, news reporter, or another key person from the time period.
- Involves significant practice in primary source analysis
- Links to all primary source material provided
- Engaging and appropriate assessment activitiy
- May wish to incorporate a pre-lesson or brief introduction on the basics of the stock market
- Learners should have experience with primary source analysis