Huge machines that could fire long range and kill dozens or rip apart buildings with one shot—what an invention! World War I saw the first use of large machinery in warfare. Scholars analyze the creation of the tank in the 20th installment of a 32-part video series on the Great War. They investigate how both sides developed their own armored vehicles to fight the war. The short video clip allows for open discussion and thought as to how the tank changed the way future wars would be fought.
- Design an extension lesson to investigate how tanks are used today in warfare: Tanks Today
- Create discussion questions for students to ponder while viewing the video
- Video clip is less than 10 minutes and focuses solely on tanks
- Contains primary WWI photography, which enhances understanding of tank warfare
- Lesson includes multiple models of tanks from different nations involved in WWI for further research