Inspire scholars to make a positive difference in their community with a lesson that sheds light on local issues. Here, class members identify community problems and take part in a grand conversation to determine solutions needed to change them.
1 Collection 14 Views 16 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Reflect on the lesson with a blog post; direct pupils to answer discussion questions and reply to their peers
- Highlight individuals that serve their community after school or on weekends
- Take a field trip to fulfill one of the solutions listed
- The resource is the first of six lessons in a series that showcases the importance of contributing positively to one's community
- Coordinate with a local government official to speak to the class about current problems facing the community
- Promotes awareness of local issues and voting in elections to support positive change