This Task: Mini-Problems worksheet also includes:
Your learners will expand their deeper-thinking and problem-solving skills while they model these real-life scenarios using linear functions. Beginning with the creation of tables, equations, and graphs for each situation, learners are guided through each problem that asks for more and more sophisticated analyzing and problem solving skills.
- Give this worksheet to learners as an independent practice, and/or an assessment of the depth of their linear problem-solving skills, or a collaborative exercise to review modeling and answering questions about the linear situations
- If you present this worksheet as a collaborative exercise, remind learners to listen to their team members to hear the different ways they each think about the scenarios, and what different models they would use to answer the questions
- Encourage learners to work each problem in order, because of the increasing sophistication of the scenarios
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Nicely organized linear function application problems written with increasing sophistication to require higher-order thinking by learners