Since the attacks on September 11th, people have become less accepting of others that are different. By reading picture books that focus on teaching tolerance, learners learn how to accept and respect people's differences.
1 Collection 56 Views 28 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Write and display the vocabulary words in the classroom, and have class members define the words before beginning the lesson
- Review the necessary materials prior to implementing in the classroom
- The lesson plan comes with extension activities, a bulletin board idea, as well as written and verbal response questions
- A great lesson to use at the beginning of the year in order to establish awareness and acceptance of differences in the classroom
- Does not come with any reproducibles