Mercer Mayer's There's a Nightmare in my Closet creates the framework for a specific discussion of nightmares generated by TV and a more general discussion of other emotions evoked by programs.
8 Views 3 Downloads
- Follow a reading of Mayer's story with a viewing of the video and ask kids to identify the elements used in the video to create the mood
- Part of a series of five resources designed for the elementary classroom
- The series presumes that all class members have TV access
- The activity gently introduces kids to media analysis
- Additional scaffolding would be required for some class members to make the connection between the opening discussion and the various activities