After choosing a continent or state, young geographers will draw outline maps and create a three-dimensional map of their chosen areas using flour and salt dough. This resource includes project guidelines, construction instructions, and a report checklist.
- Introduce learners to various references they can use, such as an atlas or online learning site, as they complete their projects
- Host an in-class exhibition of projects, and have pupils report back on what they learned about the different states and continents after viewing their classmates' work
- This will require purchase of materials for learners to complete their maps, unless you plan to require work on the project as a part of an at-home assignment. In this case, you'll want to inform parents of the project and offer alternatives to a three-dimensional construction
- Informative, hands-on learning experience
- Resource includes useful checklists and guidelines for project
- Recipe for flour clay provided
- Cannot edit document; however, scoring and project guidelines can be adapted to your own documents