This The Art of Solving One- and Two-Step Equations—A WebQuest lesson plan also includes:
Investigate strategies for solving one- and two-step equations. Young scholars watch videos to learn procedures for solving equations. They then practice using an interactive game and, finally, create a presentation to explain what they've learned.
- Have pupils solve one- and two-step equations using whiteboards as a quick understanding check after the activity
- Use a graphic organizer to record vocabulary and examples
- Requires individual computer and Internet access
- Includes a rubric for scoring presentations
- Provides information for extending the activity for upper-level pupils