This The Ballad of Abraham Lincoln activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Pay tribute to the sixteenth president of the United States with this fun song and activity. From his birth in a Kentucky log cabin and childhood in Indiana, to the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation and his eventual assassination, this ballad provides a brief but thorough biography of Abraham Lincoln. Follow up the song by making a class picture book of the main events and accomplishments of this amazing American. This engaging resource would make a great supplement to a study of American presidents or a social studies unit on the Civil War.
- Song involves the participation of the entire class
- Includes a list of key vocabulary with definitions to support an understanding of the ballad
- Additional resources are provided for extending learning about Abraham Lincoln
- Assumes students have prior knowledge about the Civil War
- Scaffolding may be necessary to support younger children with creating picture book pages