This The Celebrated Jumping Frog—Playing Games lesson plan also includes:
Jump for joy—here's a resource that goes the distance! Pupils make "frogs" jump and measure each of one. Using the data collected, learners calculate the means and ranges of the distances jumped in the first lesson plan in a series of two on game playing.
- Use a piece of butcher paper as a jumping pad so you can mark landing locations
- Consolidate the class data to compute the mean and range and compare to individual groups' means and ranges
- Classmates should know how to measure distances between points
- Includes a literary connection
- Contains suggestions for extensions