Engage elementary school children in learning about the US Constitution with this collection of worksheets and printable activities. From reading and writing the Preamble to playing a Constitution Trivia game, this resource offers numerous opportunities for children to better understand this important historical document.
- Have students read the Preamble and complete the In Your Own Words worksheet in pairs or small groups, before discussing their responses as a whole class
- Ask students to read and edit the Our Constitution document independently, before having them share their corrections during a whole-class read aloud
- Offer the word puzzles as options for early finishers during a unit on the US Constitution
- Use the Constitution Trivia as a social studies learning center
- Includes two traceable versions of the Preamble, one printed and one in cursive
- A worksheet is provided that supports children with understanding the meaning of the Preamble
- Offers a creative writing prompt that engages students in using their knowledge of the Constitutional Convention