This The Cost of Being Late lesson plan also includes:
Introductory offers and teaser rates make buying with credit seem like a great idea. Scholars learn to interpret and understand these deals and their long-term implications. They figure the overall cost when paying only the minimum balance, missing a payment, and more.
- Use Bank Rate to compare current credit card offers
- Share full amortization tables for a large purchase such as a car
- Assumes prior knowledge of figuring interest and percentages
- Provides many excellent extension ideas for those wishing to learn more
- Applies to real life
- Teaches critical thinking skills