It'd be a shame to get a question wrong just by not accounting for the domain. An article on AP® Calculus looks at the importance of considering the domain of solutions to differential equations by looking at examples from past AP® Calculus exams. It also discusses how various Calculus textbooks define the solution to a differential equation.
- Have the class examine the definition of a solution to a differential equation given in their own textbooks
- Note that the resource includes examples from both AP® Calculus AB and AP® Calculus BC
- Learners should be familiar with slope fields and solutions to differential equations with initial conditions
- Very in-depth analysis of the topic
- Resource is mainly for teacher knowledge; does not provide any lesson context or student participation