This The Establishment Clause and Lee v. Weisman handout & reference also includes:
Prayer as a part of a public school graduation? The 1992 Supreme Court decision in the case of Lee v. Weisman is the focus of a series of activities that has class members investigate other rulings related to the Establishment Clause in the First Amendment.
- Have kids investigate the graduation ceremony held at their school
- There is a $35.00 charge for the DVD of the Lee v. Weisman documentary
- The plan is carefully scaffolded and richly detailed
- The 24-page packet includes detailed directions for the activities, the text of the decision, response guides for the documentary, and an essay prompt
- The documentary must be purchased