This The Fed Explains: Unemployment Rate video also includes:
Studying the unemployment rate in a country is a way to learn more about the strength of its economy, but knowing what comprises the unemployment rate can teach you even more. Watch a short video from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta to learn more about why a cursory glance at the unemployment rate may be deceiving.
- Connect to a lesson on unemployment or when studying the recession of 2008
- Encourage learners to conduct additional research on historical unemployment rates in their area
- Does not contain a transcript, unlike previous videos in the series
- Though the video was published by the Atlanta branch of the Federal Reserve, the information it presents is not specific to that region
- Clearly differentiates between unemployment and not being in the labor force
- Uses a simplified example to demonstrate unemployment rate