O. Henry's famous short story, "The Gift of the Magi" is the core text in a comprehension activity that asks readers to respond to a series of text-based questions based on the story.
91 Views 81 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Pair the story with a reading of "The Ransom of Red Chief" and lead a discussion of O. Henry's plot twist endings
- Support readers by pre-teaching the tier 2 and tier 3 words used in the story
- The resource assumes readers are familiar with the story of Magi who brought gifts to Jesus
- Readers must cite evidence from the story to support their answers
- Without support, some readers will struggle with the tier 2 and tier 3 vocabulary