This The Golden Ratio—Measuring Up lesson plan also includes:
Discover a body of gold. The class reviews the concept of a ratio and how to write one in the second of a seven-part NCTM series on measurement. Groups work together to make body measurements and compare their ratios to the Golden Ratio.
- Use the lesson in working with CCSS.Math.Conten.6.RP.A.3a
- Have the class research other places they can find the Golden Ratio
- Groups need string and measuring tapes or yardsticks
- Contains teacher reflection questions to use after the lesson
- Includes suggestions for assessment