This The Great Gatsby and the Sense of Taste: Character Recipe Cards lesson plan also includes:
Even characters in a play are what they eat! Elements such as inner thoughts, reactions of others, and style of clothing all reveal aspects of a character, but what does the food they eat say about them? Explore the characters from The Great Gatsby in a unique way through a lesson that describes them using a culinary perspective. The lesson culminates in a creative recipe card activity.
- Bring in samples of recipe cards so learners see their structure and components
- Download and review the slideshow and graphic organizer before beginning
- Check for allergies before bringing in food for the lesson
- Requires a significant amount of pre-teaching and understanding elements of taste and recipe development before getting to character analysis
- Includes examples from popular novels, such as Harry Potter, to help pique interest in activity
- Uses a multi-sensory approach to connect with different learning styles