This The Journey to Jemez Pueblo activity & project also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Connect fractions to the journey the Navajo took to Jemez Pueblo for the feast of San Diego. In a multi-step lesson plan, your geographers will measure the distance traveled on a map and use that information for a series of questions requiring different operations with fractions. Learners will calculate the duration of the trip and break down the day into a table with different segments of travel and resting. There are many opportunities for a class discussion or small group work.
- Cross-curricular activity
- Questions can be split into different lessons
- Requires learners to create a table
- Relates each standard to different sections in the lesson