This The Legacy of Alexander the Great: Great Leader or Power-Hungry Tyrant? unit also includes:
Alexander the Great leaves behind the legacy of a tyrant as well as of a hero. Using role plays, readings with graphic organizers, and debate activities, learners consider what Alexander the Great left behind. Once finished, they debate how history should consider the epic figure. The resource includes activities for interdisciplinary instruction in ELA, math, and science.
- Create both resumes and Wanted posters for Alexander the Great
- Use activities to prepare for a class discussion or debate about Alexander the Great's historical legacy
- Lesson is the fourth of the six-part Ancient Civilizations of Egypt, Greece, and Rome playlist
- Role play and dramatic readings are engaging for pupils
- Scaffolded approach to debate and persuasive writing make it easy to differentiate instruction