This The Lowdown — Gross Domestic Product: Unit Rates in the Real World interactive also includes:
Neighboring nations need not have similar GDPs. As part of the Math at the Core MS: Ratios series, scholars use an interactive to compare the GDPs of pairs of nations. They calculate the GDP per capita, and then consider possible causes for the disparity.
- Team up with a social studies teacher for the lesson
- Pupils should have experience with rates
- Requires access to computers with an Internet connection
- Color coding helps distinguish countries in the interactive
- Provides questions to use in a conclusion session
- No handouts for the activity