This The Marshmallow Reading/Writing Project activity & project also includes:
Which option would most children choose: One marshmallow now, or two marshmallows in 10 minutes? Learners watch the social experiment on video and discuss their observations. They then read articles and work in small groups to analyze the concept of self-control and write informative essays to finish the lesson.
- Have individuals design and conduct their own delayed gratification experiment and report their results to the class
- Video requires Internet access
- Students must conduct research
- A variety of reflective discussion questions allow for a thorough analysis of the text
- Includes both narrative and expository writing activities
- Requires purchasing "The Marshmallow Study Revisited" by Celeste Kidd, and an excerpt from The Marshmallow Test: Mastering Self-Control by Walter Mischel, though it is not clear which excerpt from the book teachers need