This The Next Billion lesson plan also includes:
A billion people here, a billion people there, world population is really starting to add up. Individuals look at past world population data to estimate when the population will surpass the next billion. Proportional reasoning is the preferred method here.
- Have the class look up actual world populations and use the updated data in the lesson
- Pupils must be able to convert between different units of time
- Learners should have experience with proportional reasoning
- Includes a student worksheet
- Provides questions to use during the lesson
- Resource is a bit outdated, given that world population is currently over seven billion