This The Plus Sign and Triangle—Algebraic Transformations lesson plan also includes:
Adding a rectangle increases the number of moves. Pupils extend their understanding of algebraic properties in the last lesson plan of two on algebraic transformations. Working in groups, learners determine the results of performing two transformations and find out whether they are commutative.
- Discuss how to find the identity and inverses of transformations
- Consider making the manipulative from card stock to be more durable
- Includes an extension activity
- Provides questions to gauge class members' understanding
- Contains an electronic version