How can reading short stories benefit people? To conclude a unit study of this genre, class members script and film a public service announcement addressing this essential question.
88 Views 85 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Assign some of the short stories as homework before teaching the lesson
- Connect the lesson to a unit on elements of a short story, characterization, or literary theme
- The short stories included in the unit are "The Monkeys Paw," "The Necklace," "The Old Man at the Bridge," "The Censors," and "Robot Dreams"
- Although designed to be used with the Glenco textbook, all the stories are readily available online
- The 27-page packet includes detailed plans for each short story, writing prompts, the public service announcement assignment and a rubric for it