This The Presidency app also includes:
- Informational Text
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Ladies and gentlemen, the Presidents of the United States! An easy-to-use and dependable reference app for your young historians, The American Presidency offers users a quick snapshot of each of the 44 presidents in United States history at the tap of a finger. Instantly find out the political party, dates of office, and major highlights/contributions from the term of any American president, from George Washington to Barack Obama.
- Visual table of contents, displaying an image of each American president
- Brief informational text (about 3-5 paragraphs in length) about each president
- Descriptions taken from official WhiteHouse.gov history
- Major facts include president birth/death dates, political party, years in office, and overall contributions
Reference application, not much of an interactive experience
How techie do I need to be?
- Assign pupils to choose one president to research in greater detail as part of a project, and then have them re-write the description that has been provided in the app
- Have students design a collaborative hard-copy version of the app, in which they enhance the app by adding more images, diagrams, and relative primary source documents for each president
- Analyze each piece of informational text with a critical eye: What does it seem the author of the descriptions is trying to emphasize? From where do the summaries originate, and what sort of bias might they have? What have the authors left out?
- This is a fantastic reference for early or middle school students who are learning basic information about each of the American presidents, rather than a critical analysis of each president's actions and/or legacy
- The descriptions of each presidency provide a fairly broad overview and project a largely positive perspective of each president
- Easy to navigate, user-friendly interface
- Straightforward information—no frills or bells and whistles