This The Role of Technology in Education unit also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Should technology be restricted or embraced in educational settings? Sixth graders work to answer this question by exploring the issue through mixed mediums and then crafting a written argument. Full of evidence-based strategies and sample activities, the unit also considers students with disabilities and English language learners.
- Teachers can use essential questions and skills to write learning targets
- Talk to learners about bias: what it is, how to discover if a source is biased, etc.
- Have pupils participate in a Socratic seminar and discuss their thoughts as a pre-writing activity
- Evaluate your classes' familiarity with technology to assess whether you need to build background knowledge
- Content is a relevant topic of debate
- The unit includes various reading strategies and suggestions for vocabulary instruction
- Materials lend themselves to synthesis and are mixed mediums such as newspaper articles, scholarly journal articles, and news clips