Examine the nature of love by reading an essay about the love of food—a love just about everyone can get behind. Class members read the short text and respond to three questions about the analysis presented in the reading and love in more general terms.
- Add this to a unit based around the topic of love
- Read and mark the text as a class
- Use the final question as an essay prompt
- Note that there are some vague allusions to sex in the article
- You may wish to create your own accompanying worksheet with the questions provided; they are simply listed on the last page
- Includes a copy of the text
- Questions require higher-level thinking