This The State Governor activity & project also includes:
- Informational Text
- Join to access all included materials
In what ways is a state like a "mini-country", and what role does the governor fill in state government? Your pupils will take on the role of governor while playing a fun and informative board game, and identify the role of state government in addressing public safety and maintaining order.
- It will take some time to prep the materials for the board game; consider enlisting the help of some students prior to class to cut and organize game pieces
- This is the third lesson in a series of seven on state and local government in the United States. Pupils should understand the structure and leaders of national government before beginning this lesson
- Extensive, well-designed set of activity materials
- Includes informational text explaining the governor's power and executive orders