This The Third Side of a Triangle assessment also includes:
How many different triangles can you create if you know two side lengths? Scholars consider this question as they determine the possible side lengths of the third side. They must justify their final answers.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Provide pupils with Anglegs or similar manipulative to test their answers
- Practice writing and reading compound inequalities prior to the lesson
- Requires an understanding of triangle inequalities
- Leaves the question open-ended to allow for multiple solution methods
- Rubric includes example answers for various levels of understanding