This The Third Wave worksheet also includes:
How far would you go when told to follow orders? High schoolers read about Ron Jones' 1967 Third Wave experiment at Cubberley High School in Palo Alto, California, and use discussion and reading comprehension questions to consider the power of, as well as the dangers of, following the crowd.
- Use in a social studies unit about authoritarianism, Nazi Germany, or social experiments
- Bring into a psychology class when discussing human behavior
- Research the various accounts of Jones' experiment, the backlash, and perhaps even watch the film, before deciding to use this resource with your classes
- The resource includes the article and discussion questions
- Prompts readers to compare the social experiment from the '60s to their own lives and social situations
- Interesting subject matter engages class members in reading comprehension lessons and skills