This There Has to be a System for this Sweet Problem lesson plan also includes:
There's nothing sweeter than a challenging math problem! A well-designed lesson has scholars use systems of equations to determine the price of three different types of candy. An open-ended problem has the potential for many different solution methods.
- Use to introduce problem solving with linear systems
- Have pupils create a poster with their problem solving strategies; ask them to hang them on the wall for a gallery walk
- Requires a strong understanding of solving linear systems of equations
- Includes an opening and closing exercise
- Provides ideas for differentiation