Successful leaders are collaborative, disciplined, persistent, inquisitive, and imaginative. But how can middle and high schoolers develop these valuable characteristics? An informative handout supplies suggestions for incorporating leadership skills into a school society.
- Create a five-week unit in which class members focus on ways to improve each habit of mind with the suggested strategies
- Pass out to small groups for a discussion about real-life ways to apply each example
- Designed for a focus on the Habits of Mind teaching philosophy, but applicable for any classroom focused on character education
- Each category lists nine demonstratable examples of ways to use the habit
- A good way to establish a strong, motivated classroom community