This Title III Technology Literacy Challenge Grant lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here is a project that combines math and English. Class members read an article entitled "A Thirst for Competition" and conduct a school-wide survey to determine if their peers prefer Gatorade, Powerade, or All Sport. They then tally the results and use a computer program to graph the results.
- If students don't have access to Microsoft Works, the handout on how to graph survey results would need to be edited
- Some schools have removed all sports drinks from their campuses
- The packet includes detailed directions for the assignment, graphic organizers, a template for the required business letter, and a scoring rubric
- Worksheets would need to be edited to remove class-specific references