How much of a smoker's blood is carrying carbon monoxide instead of oxygen? How is tobacco like a tomato crop? Is secondhand smoke really all that dangerous? Learn the facts about smoking and its effects on the body, as well as the harvesting and curing process of tobacco, with a short and informative reading assignment.
- Include the comprehension questions in a health quiz or short reading assessment
- Encourage learners to summarize the information they read in the article
- Answer key is located at the bottom of the worksheet; consider cutting the answers off before distributing to pupils
- Link does not work, but article text is available within the resource
- Provides key vocabulary words to easily accommodate the needs of struggling readers or English learners
- Misspells heroin as heroine