This Too Big or Too Small? lesson plan also includes:
Could you fit a million dollars in a suitcase? Scholars review number sense in a set of three activities. The first has them determine whether a million dollars in $1 bills will fit in a standard suitcase. The second and third activities review fractions and operations with decimals.
- Use the activities at the beginning of the school year to review number sense
- Each activity can be conducted separately from the others
- Learners should have familiarity with large numbers, fractions, and operations with decimals
- Provides some optional extension activities
- Includes printable activity sheets