This Tourism at the Top of the World Trade Center lesson plan also includes:
By observing artifacts from the World Trade Centers' observation deck and infamous restaurant, Windows on the World, class members make connections to the importance of these artifacts. As learners brainstorm souvenirs from their past experiences, they take into account the meaning of those artifacts then draw connections to the World Trade Center artifacts.
- Display the vocabulary words in the classroom, and have learners define the words before beginning the lesson
- Have individuals bring in special artifacts or souvenirs from a memorable trip
- Make the student groups ahead of time
- Printing in color or projecting the artifact photos for all to see is necessary
- Along with the plan, the resource comes with primary source images, discussion questions, written response topics, and extension activities