This Trains, Fibonacci, and Recursive Patterns lesson plan also includes:
Watch as your pupils engineer their learning. A hands-on instructional activity asks scholars to build trains from Cuisenaire Rods to explore patterns. They build both a recursive rule and exponential function to represent their patterns.
- Use a graphic organizer to compare and contrast recursive and explicit patterns
- Requires a specific set of materials for the activity
- Make sure individual learners have access to graphing calculators
- The first in a set of three lessons
- Provides question options to use during the activity
- Includes options for differentiation