This Travel Agents: Working with Linear Functions lesson plan also includes:
One of the best ways to show realistic math problems is through systems of linear equations. The problem presented in the lesson relates a real travel scenario when choosing car rates and adapts it to an equation and graph model to compare.
9 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Research local driving service rates as an extension to the worksheet
- The worksheet requires graphing done on a calculator, rather than by hand
- Lesson doesn't teach how to solve the problem, but intended more as an additional application
- Demonstrates to the class that math can save money!
- Includes worksheet and answer key