This Travel Through Time lesson plan also includes:
There are arguments on both sides of history about the ways various Supreme Court decisions have affected the daily lives, rights, and liberties of the African-American population. Eleventh graders explore and identify the challenges that African Americans have faced as they've struggled for equality throughout American history, and determine whether three Supreme Court cases have advanced or detracted from their cause.
- Have learners conduct additional research on Brown v. Board of Education (1954), Dred Scott v. Sandford (1857), and/or Plessy v. Ferguson (1896)
- Connect to a language arts for learners to write a thorough argument paper on their positions
- Promotes critical thinking
- Provides resources for additional research and discussion
- Presentation is no longer available; you will need to make your own or modify the lesson accordingly