This Traveling Distances—Least Squares Regression lesson plan also includes:
Speed up your understanding of linear regression. The first installment of a nine-part Least Squares Regression unit focuses on linear regression in the context of traveling distances and speeds. Individuals graph data on a scatter plot and interpret the linear regression line and the correlation coefficient.
- Have scholars work in groups, especially if computer access is limited
- Activity requires buttons, crayons, and paper strips
- Learners should have familiarity with slope, y-intercepts, and linear regression lines
- Provides several different assessment options
- Includes a very detailed lesson guide