Imagine sitting in a ditch full of water, mud, and rats hoping to survive another day without an explosion going off. An informative video on the Great War illustrates the daily life of a soldier in the trenches. Class members analyze the struggles of months spent in filthy conditions waiting for an attack while trying to survive the elements.
- Assign group projects on the soldier's life in the trenches of World War I using the website Trench Warfare
- Create art designs and visuals showing the details of trench warfare
- The 10th video clip of a 32-part series
- Subscription to the The Great War series on Youtube is available
- Resource provides detailed analysis using primary photos from World War I
- Visual and audio learners benefit from the structure of the video