Scholars may not be old enough to vote, but they are old enough to learn the importance of informed voting. With the help of two different ballots, scholars experience first hand what it's like to vote with and without information.
3 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Copy ballots onto card stock paper and laminate for continued use; direct pupils to write with washable marker and clean off when the activity is complete
- If it is currently an election season, hold a presidential election in your classroom after sharing information about both parties
- Display the quote provided and prompt pupils to discuss its meaning before and after the lesson
- The resource is the fourth of five lesson plans in a series designed to promote active citizenship
- Lists additional activities including one for the home
- Provides detailed lesson directions