Why Lesson Planet?
Young mathematicians improve their ability to solve two-step algebraic equations with this simple skills practice worksheet. Offering five different problems involving the multiplication, addition, and subtraction of integers, this resource helps students learn to systematically solve equations one step at a time.
- Use this worksheet as an in-class or homework assignment during a pre-algebra lesson on solving two-step equations
- Call on students to present their solutions to the class, asking them to explain each step they performed
- Though not explicitly required, ask learners to check their solutions by inserting them into the original equations
- Answer key shows all of the steps involved in solving and checking the solution of each equation on the worksheet
- Worksheet includes a brief explanation and example problem that supports learners with solving two-step equations